It's a mountain bike! It's a city bike! It's...well, the Roodog Avatar is whatever electric bike you want it to be! Sure footed, it's comfortable on road and on trail and with the battery inside the frame, the Avatar is certainly a striking e-bike it its black and red finish.
This version of the Avatar is built on a unisex step-through frame making it easire to mount and dismount. A version with the traditional crossbar for added rigidity and ease of carrying on a car cycle rack etc. is also available - choose the model that suits you the most!
Like all RooDog electric bikes, it's fully compliant with UK/EU laws and regulations. It can be ridden as a normal bicycle without any battery power, and features Shimano 7-speed megarange gearing for lower gear ratios up those hills. When you need it, you can engage the power assist system - the motor will kick in giving assistance (5 levels of power assistance selecatable on the handlebar control) to help you along or up that hill - as you pedal, the motor will aid your efforts up to a maximum of 15.5mph.
Of course, if you're feeling energetic or have a particularly kind tailwind, there's nothing to stop you exceeding the maximum power assisted speed with your own efforts!
Using high quality motor, battery and controls, the disc brakes front and rear are operated by levers which will also cut power to the motor when the brake is operated.
Suspension forks make for more comfortable ride especially when the going gets tough - the tough may get going but the clever rider engages PAS and lets the electric motor take the strain!
- Motor: 250W 36V, last generation rear wheel hub brushless motor (with max. speed of 15.5mph which is allowed by UK/EU regulation)
- Battery: 36V 10Ah, lithium-ion battery, hidden within the frame
- Charge Time: 4-6 hours from flat
- Range: up to 30 miles per full charge, dependent on weight of cyclist, frequent use of PAS, air pressure in tyres, road condition, etc. (please note continually using the throttle and/or hill climbing will significantly reduce the range of the battery)
- Display: Battery indicator, management of 5 speeds, LED lights and PAS system
- Modes: Pedal only; Pedal assist (PAS) - a combination of motor and pedalling
- Controller: 5 Speeds
- Wheels & Tyres : Alloy 26" with kenda 26 x 1.95 MTB tyres
- Gearing: 7 Speed Shimano
- Frame: 6061 Aluminium alloy
- Front Fork: Zoom aluminium alloy suspension fork
- Brakes: Tektro mechanical disc brakes front and rear
- Weight: 22kg including battery
- Maximum load: 120kg (18st 12)
|Frame||Step through alloy frame with integral battery compartment|
|Rear Mech||Shimano Tourney|
|Chainset||Square taper, single chainring|
|Brakes||Mechanical disc brakes|
|Bars||MTB Riser Bars|
|Hubs||Quick release front, motorised rear|
|Accessories||Heavy duty kickstand|
Standard Delivery £4.95* (FREE on orders £100+)*
Allow 3-5 working days for delivery.
Expedited Delivery options from £6.95*
Options for 1-2 working day delivery and next day timed services available on most items
Scottish Highlands / Offshore Islands within post code list below:
AB31 to 38, AB40 to 56, HS, IV1 to IV28, IV30 to 32, IV36 to 49, IV51, IV55 & 56, IV63, KA27 & KA28, KW1 to 17, PA20 to 38, PA41 to 49, PA60 to 78, PH4 to 44, PH49 to 50 & ZE
Standard Delivery from £14.95* (£4.95 REDUCTION on orders £100+)
Full rates are available on our delivery, terms and conditions page.
Some heavy or bulky items are charged differently, for example
- KAYAKS - Bulky Item Courier Service (7-10 Day Delivery - varied rates apply to these items)
Some other items are held at a remote warehouse any may be available on STANDARD delivery only. In these cases, expedited delivery options are not available to choose at checkout. Also for these items, click & collect reservations may take up to a week to come into store - where this is the case you will be contacted by the store as soon as possible.